Dr Roy Palmer MBBS MA MRCP PhD
If you are:
- concerned you may have skin cancer
- suffering from itch
- conscious of a visible skin or hair problem
I studied pre-clinical medicine at Oxford University, and clinical medicine at Guy’s & St. Thomas’ Hospitals. I qualified as a consultant dermatologist in 2002. To gain further experience I worked for four years as a Senior Fellow at St. John’s Institute of Dermatology, which is an internationally renowned centre. I conducted research into the effects of sunlight on skin, which resulted in a PhD. I have written many research papers and textbook chapters.
From 2007 until 2012 I was a consultant at Heatherwood & Wexham Park Hospitals NHS Trust. I now work in Windsor & Guildford. I take pride in providing a high standard of care and attention to detail. I maintain my skills by participating in local and national dermatology meetings and conferences, and through other forms of ‘Continuing Professional Development’.
Accreditations & Memberships
I am a member of the following organisations:
- 1The Register of the General Medical Council (GMC)
- 2The British Association of Dermatologists
- 3The British Society for Dermatological Surgery
- 4The British Society for Cutaneous Allergy
- 5The Royal College of Physicians
Referrals, Insurance & Billing
I am recognised by these, and other, insurance companies.